Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Grace


Grace is a concept that has held interest for me since I began this journey. I have a heart for service, it fulfills me to serve. Lots of people think that submission is weakness. The quote above states (one of my favorites) he who can bend and still retain his substance is stronger than he who resists and fractures himself. That pretty well sums up my personal view.


"If all flowers wanted to be roses, nature would lose her springtime beauty and the fields would no longer be decked out with little wildflowers." --Teresa of Lisieux
Humility and grace seem to go hand. My favorite bouquet is tiger lilies, daffodils and cornflower, it is an exquisite bouquet that the earth gives up freely, and joyously. Cornflower grows in the sidewalk cracks and gutters, but plucked from it's humble surroundings by a heart that can see it's beauty, how it complements, brings beauty and is elevated as it elevates it's companions.

These are models for what I would like my submission to be, humble, yielding and strong. I trust Ward, and I understand his leadership is always for the betterment of our relationship. I hope that my submission will always portray that. I'm adding another blog to our list of links. Jslittlelady's Blog. I enjoy reading her accounts of her inner dialogs and processes. I hope that I could follow her example of grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts. Thanks for being part of our chosen family!