Sunday, May 6, 2012

Examining Submission Journaling Exercise - Day 19

How socially connected is your submission? Do you look for others to talk to about your submission for support or networking? Do you go to events or connect through another sort of social grouping either in person or online?

There is a local munch group, but it is more a BDSM group than a spanko or DD group.  That's the first place I went when I was looking for community. I tried a few online communities and they were nothing more than meat markets. I found FetLife, and found educational resources, places to learn, real communities of people with commonalities and no judgments. And some very good friends. It is more about social networking than anything else.

Then one day Daddy said he had a project for me. He asked me to explore a blog for us. (When he came home that night it was already up with the first post :)  And I kinda think he had this deployment in mind, he thought that perhaps this would be something to keep me connected to who I am and busy so I didn't miss him so much - no luck there, but the first two points work.). And I found this fine community of people, who all have slightly different expressions of our dynamics, but similar hearts.

It has become vitally important. And a very great learning resource.

2 comments:

  1. I've tried a couple different venues--very carefully--knowing that I would need a community to learn from and find support with. I've found this blogging community to be the healthiest of all the things I've tried.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have, too, Susie. There is a more ....positive tone in this community. Even when things are not going particularly well.And everyone is incredibly supportive when things are going on in other's lives. I am really glad that Daddy asked me to investigate this for us.

      Delete

We love to hear your thoughts. Thanks for being part of our chosen family!