Friday, May 4, 2012

Examining Submission Journaling Exercise - Day 17

What does trust mean to you in the context of submission?

The short answer? Everything.

If I did not trust to a certain extent, I could never submit at all. If I did not trust him with my heart and soul. he would not know that most vulnerable part of me, not only physically, but mentally. That part of me observed him for a while, judged him worthy, stuck a toe out, jerked in back in and waited for the strike. And none came. He was kind, tender, sweet, and enchanted. He saw her, no matter how fast she retreated. and he smiled, big and warm and held out his hand.

If he was not trustworthy we could not have come as far as we have come. If he was not trustworthy I could not have laid myself bare before him. I could not have showed him all the broken, damaged pieces of me. I could not have revealed my desires, and my needs for fear of being not 'kinky' enough. He assured me that my needs and desires were quite compatible with his, that I wasn't weird because I didn't need all the harder things. He took all the broken pieces, held them in his hand, polished them, breathed life into them, and reassembled them. He ignored the gaps and the weak spots, and he loved me - loves me in all my perfect imperfection.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, trust has to be at the very foundation of your relationship in order to have something to build upon. Without trust, where are you really? Not somewhere I want to be, that's for sure.

    He loves you in your perfect imperfection...great way to put it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, it astounds me how many couples seem not to have a place for trust in their lives & it makes me sad & wonder what kind of relationship they really have. There is such a richness of trust in our relationships with our partners and even in this little community. And that feels like a very good and comforting place.

      Yes, lol, perfect I'll never be, but perfectly imperfect - well I may just be the queen of perfectly imperfect :)

      Delete

We love to hear your thoughts. Thanks for being part of our chosen family!